Are you planning a trip to Breckenridge, Colorado with us at Peak 1 Express this Presidents Day weekend? This year Presidents Day weekend goes from Friday February 14th through the 17th, and we have some really great ideas on ways that you can save time, money, and energy while making the most out of your 3 day Colorado vacation.
- Presidents Day Weekend is EVERYONE’S holiday – Don’t forget that Breckenridge is a very popular vacation destination. So, you can be sure you won’t be the only people visiting Breck on this popular long weekend holiday. Take this into account and book your lodging early in order to get the best deals and rates. Before long the whole town will be sporting no vacancy signs!
- Be prepared for the crowd – Since our cute little mountain town will be bustling with visitors, be prepared for longer waits and lines. Consider heading out for dinner a bit earlier than normal in order to beat the crowds and take advantage of Brecks’ many awesome happy hour specials.
- Look for package deals – Since it is a holiday weekend, many resorts, lodges, and activity centers are offering package deals. For example some ski rental shops are offering discounts on lift tickets when you rent your skis from them. Look out for these advertisements for great savings on your Presidents Day weekend activities.
- Pick your terrain wisely – Just like the town of Breck, you can be sure that Breckenridge Ski Resort will be packed with vacationers. Plan out your day on the mountain in advance to save yourself from waiting in long lift lines, and skiing down packed trails. Being ready for first chair is also a great way to beat the crowd!
- Plan ahead – The best way to save on your vacation in Breckenridge is to be prepared ahead of time. Since it is a vacation destination, prices in town do tend to be a bit higher than average. Make a list of everything you may need over your weekend and then make sure to bring it with you! Forgetting ski gloves or goggles is a costly mistake many that have made before.
A long weekend getaway in Breckenridge, Colorado is a dream vacation. Take our tips into consideration and you’ll be sure to make the absolute most out your precious time off.