The temperatures are rising in Colorado, and folks all over the state are prepping for the warm summer months and all the activities that come with it. If you’re going to be in Colorado this summer and need a few things to do, here’s a list of the summer activities we’re looking forward to.
- Raft through Browns Canyon at the AVA Granite Outpost. Add on a Mountaintop Zip Line tour for even more fun!
- Visit The Molly Brown House. Being one of the few survivors of the Titanic crash, Molly Brown house shoes the history and artifacts of this incredible woman’s life.
- Take a tour of the Coors Brewery. This can be done for free and beer is offered at the end of those of drinking age!
- Walk around the 16th Street Mall. Take in the locals and everything they have to offer at this gathering place.
- Go to an artisan flea market. The Source is in an 1880’s building on Brighton Boulevard and is a fun twist to the average flea market.
- Hike around Red Rocks or go and see a show there. Nationally known Red Rocks is a beautiful lace to hike during the day and see some of you’re favorite bands or movies at night.
- Experience First Friday in The Santa Fe Art District. On the first Friday of every month, the Santa Fe Art District opens it doors for free and offers beverages as well.
- Rent a bike from B-Cycle. The Denver area has B-Cycles located all over the city that you can rent, ride throughout the city, and then return.
- Hike through Rocky Mountain National Forest. Since most of Colorado is mountainous, Rocky Mountain National Park covers a good part of the state. Various hiking, biking, climbing, rafting and other outdoor activities are found all over the park.
- Hot Air Balloon in Breckenridge. For a high in the sky adventure, balloon rides are a favorite. With take off being pretty early in the morning, you can rise with the sun over the Rocky Mountains as well as learn a traditional Hot Air Balloon take off ceremony.
- Visit Union Station. Although this historic station no longer functions as it used to, it is still has beautiful architecture worth taking a look at.
- Visit the Botanic Gardens. With different features happening year round, classes for kids, families, and adults, and beautiful year round gardens, this tucked away paradise is always a hit.
Looking for more exciting adventures to partake on this summer? Talk to our trip specialists about their favorite summer activities by calling us at 970-724-7241.