That glorious time of year is approaching, fall foliage, crisp autumn air, and of course OKTOBERFEST! Kicking off on September 12th and carrying on until September 14th, there are events throughout the weekend that are sure to entertain. Below you will find a list of can’t miss events for this year’s Oktoberfest in Breckenridge.
Friday, September 12th
- 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Main Street Party: The fun begins on Main St. with the kick-off to the Breckenridge Oktoberfest Main St. Party!
- 4:00 p.m -6:00 p.m. Performance by the Pine Beetles
- 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Brewmaster Dinner: Enjoy a multi-course meal paired with Paulaner biers or alternate wines. There is limited seating and the dinner has been a sold out event the last four years. It is a great evening of food, new friends and the perfect kick off to an amazing Oktoberfest celebration dinner.
- 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Oktoberfest 5K Trail Run.
- 12:00 a.m – 12:05 p.m. Ceremonial keg tapping at the Riverwalk Center.
- 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Main Street Party: The fun continues with great beer, food, music, and dancing. The good times start early at 10:00 a.m. and go until 6:00pm on the second and longest day of this three day party. If you don’t have your 2014 Stein by Saturday, hurry, because supplies are limited and usually sell out.
Sunday, September 14th
- 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Main Street Party: Sunday is your chance to have a beer in the morning for the second day in a row! This is the last day for great beer, food, music, and dancing on Main St. in down town Breckenridge. The good times start early again at 11:00 a.m. and go until 5:00pm on the final day of Breckenridge’s Oktoberfest. If you haven’t yet rode the Mechanical Bull or sampled all the fine beer and food that this party has to offer, than get to work because your next chance is 365 days away!
Breck’s Oktoberfest typically sees the biggest crowds on Saturday; to avoid the most hectic times, local families tend to come out on Sundays, or even Friday afternoon. A family play area with inflatables will be located on the lawn behind the Welcome Center. With so much German cuisine, craft beer, and entertainment throughout the day it will be easy to get caught up in the excitement. All that we ask here at Peak 1 Express is that you drink responsibly and don’t drive. If in need of transportation do not hesitate to call us, so we can get you to your destination safely.
With tons of German cuisine and craft beer, this is sure to be a good time for all. So, grab a friend, grab a stein and come celebrate this wondrous holiday!