Each spring the Vail Valley is home to a nationally coordinated food event with restaurants and chefs from the Vail area showing off their culinary talents. This event is to help promote the town of Vail and a good reason for people to visit for some great food and also get a few days of spring skiing in! Here is the Peak 1 Express rundown of experiencing the Taste of Vail.
important factor of the Taste of Vail is the food. Food styles come from around the globe but at this event, they all have a Colorado mountain spin. One chef to be sure to catch is Chef Paul Anders of Sweet Basil and Mountain Standard; two great restaurants he created in the Vail area. Chef Paul is no stranger to the event and has taken home the gold medal in years past. Be sure to visit his booth, first!
The second most important factor at this event is the wine. To complete your Taste of Vail experience you will have the opportunity to sample some of the finest wines from around the world. All the well known blends, like zinfandel, pinot noir, cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay and sauvignon blanc will be showcased by several vineyards. One of the local favorite’s is Paul Dolan a organically grown California vineyard & wines. Dolan has shown that they know what it takes to produce the distinct flavors their wines have become known for. Be sure to visit this booth for a sample of the organic wine!
Here are the details about this event:
- The Taste of Vail starts Wednesday April 8th 2015 and runs thru Saturday April 11th.
- A list of the many individual locations scheduled to enjoy the event are as follows:
- Wednesday April 8th 2015: 3pm to 6pm, Vail Square at Arrabelle.
- Thursday April 9th 2015: 3pm to 6pm, Vail Village
- Friday April 10th 2015: 12pm to 2:30pm, Eagles Nest Mountain via Eagle Bahn Gondola.
- Saturday April 11th 2015: 6pm to 10pm, Vail Marriott Grand Ballroom.
This event is celebrating its 25th year of excellence and is guaranteed to be a fun time for the whole family. Don’t forget, Peak 1 Express offers Vail airport shuttles to help get you into town more easily!